Vancity is a values-based financial co-operative serving the needs of its more than 519,000 member-owners and their communities in the Coast Salish and Kwakwaka’wakw territories, with 59 branches in Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, Victoria, Squamish and Alert Bay.
As Canada’s largest community credit union, Vancity uses its $19.8 billion in assets to help improve the financial well-being of its members while at the same time helping to develop healthy communities that are socially, economically and environmentally sustainable.
By the numbers
Assets: $19.8 billion
Shared Success: $287 million since 1994
- Vancity was founded in 1946 to provide financial services to people from all walks of life.
- Vancity offers a full range of financial products and services for individuals, businesses and not-for-profit organizations, including deposits, loans, investments, credit cards and foreign exchange.
- Vancity is a co-operative, which means we are owned by our members and democratically controlled on the basis of one member, one vote.
- Vancity is committed to values-based banking and joined the Global Alliance for Banking on Values in 2010.
- Vancity shares 30% of its net profits with members and communities—we’ve shared over $287 million with members and communities through Shared Success since 1994.
- Vancity employs about 2,500 people and has been consistently recognized as one of the top employers in Canada.
- Vancity is the largest private-sector Living Wage employer in Canada.
- Vancity’s innovative approach to serving the financial needs of its members and the community has lead to a number of firsts among Canadian financial institutions, including the first to offer mortgages to women without a male co-signor, the first to offer a socially responsible mutual fund and the first to become carbon neutral.
Hours of operation:
Monday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM